poniedziałek, 10 maja 2010

SWEET RICE

Today I would like to present my sweet rice, which shares a big part in our morning menu. I’m so surprised to remember that I couldn’t manage to eat it when I was young. I come from Silesia, where during my youth rice was hardly ever in our menu, except sometimes for dinner, in its salty version. On the begging, we had dumplings, potatoes or other typical Polish dishes. So one time the kindergarten cooks served rice with cream and a bit of sugar and cinnamon, I had a really hard time to accept this kind of breakfast. The other children had already finished their shares a long time ago and ran to play, while I was still stuck with my sweet rice, hardly eaten. I was almost crying, every bite grew in my mouth, until…. The whole swallowed content landed back on my plate. I made a lot of commotion around me, and I still remember feeling really bad about it :)
Today, sweet rice is my favorite breakfast and I never hesitate to get my seconds. The rice I’m going to present today is of course really easy, but it is a delicious and filling meal.
Ingredients:
- 1 cup basmati rice, or whatever rice you have
- a tablespoon of butter
- 3 cups of freshly boiled water
- 1 banana
- 1 apple
- a handful of sunflower
- a tablespoon of cream
- vanilla sugar, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 big bay leaf, cinnamon
Melt the butter in a medium pan, put in the rice, and add in the water. Add the bay leaf, a pinch of salt and cover. After a moment of cooking, mix the contents to make sure that none of the rice grains had stuck to the pot. Slice the banana into cubes and grate the apple into big shreds. When all the water is absorbed, add the remaining ingredients (except cinnamon) and cook a bit more so that the fruits will release their juice. Put the rice into bowls and decorate with cinnamon. You can also sprinkle on some raisins :) Hope you like it!!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz